Thursday, April 30, 2009

Academic Relection=My Way Of Learning

My Spanish class is fun and its fun I guess because we talk just as much and goof around just as much as in reading class. I noticed that its in my nature to be a smart ass. I like to make jokes, even though they sometimes fail. However my nature of playfulness makes school less stressful and im able to enjoy it more and remember it more because im having fun and im not bored or falling asleep. I figure if its fun then ill remember it more compared to being somewhere in between sleep and unconsciousness. I seem to remember more about my classes compared to the classes I had last year where everyone sat in their own chair and did their own work. No one made eye contact or friends. I only was able to mess around a bit in my English 60 class and I remember mostly everyone’s name and the reading we did because I was allowed to make jokes of an appropriate nature and show my newly found friends what I was doing right to try to help them. Same thing happened this year with my Spanish class I learned new words, made new friends, and a had a lot of fun so it makes me want to continuer college and see if I can change my undecided nature to a more adamant position for a career. I hope that more of my classes are small and I can learn the way I have been learning. Also I didn’t get to know any of the teachers like I have in my Spanish Class or Reading 96 class. Since they are both small that makes it easier to learn I remember my English teacher saying last year that the more students there are in a class the learning curb goes down usually after 20 students. It makes sense that smaller numbers of students are allowed a bit more freedom than a class of 60 students in a lecture hall.

1 comment:

  1. thats how i feel in some of my classes. it makes it more fun when your able to talk and just hang out with people in class. i find it easier to learn when the classes are smaller, it makes it seem more welcoming to other's opinions or comments in the class.

    ReplyDelete